The DaS Symposium at COFES 2014
April 24-27, 2014
The Design and Sustainability (DaS) Symposium is a leadership
exploration of the future of design and sustainability software for sustainable
products, infrastructure, and environments.
COFES is a unique gathering of leaders representing diverse industry sectors with
strategic interest in software. The DaS Symposium exists within that community to
focus on sustainability. It reaches across disciplines and industries as it explores
solutions to the sustainability challenge.
The goal of the DaS Symposium is to bring sustainability to the forefront of the
conversation among software developers and to look for opportunities and issues
that may be best served by the industry as a whole, rather than by individual players
within the industry. We hope to inspire, raise awareness, build relationships and
seek sustainable synergies.
Founding members of The DaS Symposium include Autodesk, buildingSMART Alliance,
CIFE, Cyon Research, Gensler, PTC, Siemens, SolidWorks, and Sustainable Minds.
The bulk of the DaS Symposium will take place on Thursday, April 24, from 8:30 AM
to 3:00 PM PDT, followed by a Roundtable discussion on Saturday as part of the general
DaS Symposium 2014 will include presentations from and discussions led by:
- Adrian Gheorghe, International Senior Director, The Center for Understanding Change
- Bill Boswell, Senior Director, Partner Strategy, Siemens PLM Software
- Bill Strang, President Operations - Americas, TOTO USA
- Brad Holtz, Chairman, The Center for Understanding Change
- Chris De Neef, Founder, Fast Track Consulting
- Jerry Yudelson, President, Green Building Initiative
- Mark Alan, Senior Vice-President, Product Management and Development, InPro Corp
- Paul Shahriari, CEO, GreenMind
- Robert 'Doc' Hall, Chairman, The Compression Institute
- Ted van der Linden, Director of Sustainability, DPR Construction
- Terry Swack, CEO & Founder, Sustainable Minds
- Tord Dennis, Practice Leader, Environmental, WSP USA
The domain and framework for the 2014 DaS Symposium
Context, Value, & Opportunity
This year, in addition to discussions on context, we will be hearing from key
customers who use the sustainability tools we as software vendors provide.
They're be presenting their views on what's missing from the market: What are
the sustainability tools that they need, that the market has yet to provide?
Changing the Game
We'll move into a general discussion on
What is special about the DaS Symposium community is that we build the tools that designers and engineers use to make decisions with. Within our community, we have the platform to change the thinking of those that make design decisions. What are have we done with that power so far? Where are the opportunities from here?
||Close and join COFES Special Presentations
that start at 3:00 PM
|Saturday, April 26
Sustainability Roundtable Discussion
Participants in the DaS Symposium will collaborate to summarize the key points and take away from the DaS Symposium for socializing with the Congress at large.